Volunteering requires giving your time and resources towards a cause that you believe in. Make the Association of Canadian Ergonomists (ACE), and the activities that it supports, your next cause!
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH ACE:
- President Elect
- Communication Coordinator
- Sponsorship Coordinator
Overall benefits of volunteering
All of us have busy lives and it can be hard to find time to volunteer; however, the benefits to you and your community can be significant! Consider the following impacts of volunteering:
- helps you meet new people
- makes you feel part of a team
- connects you to others with the same causes/interests
- strengthens your existing network
- builds your networking opportunities
- sharpens your existing skills, and develops new skills
- provides professional development and personal growth opportunities
- gives you confidence/experience (creates leaders)
- provides you with a sense of accomplishment
- gives you a sense of purpose
- improves your mental (and physical) health, and can feel energizing/stimulating
- improves your interpersonal and communication skills
- builds up the individuals or community that you work with
- allows you to explore alternative career paths
- identifies your weak points, and
- is fun!
Why volunteer with ACE?
Past and present volunteers with ACE are the glue that holds our unique community together, and are the people that keep our organisation moving forward. Being a volunteer on the Executive Committee, National Council, Regional Council, national annual conference committee, or one of the many special project committees will also:
- give you insight into the internal workings of ACE
- assist in building your professional and social connections within ACE
- help ACE fulfill its mission and meet its goals
- allow you to contribute and improve local, regional, provincial, national and international Human Factors and Ergonomics communities (become a change agent)
- use your expertise to the benefit of others, especially with students and new ACE members
- help ACE reach new audiences
- provide ACE with valuable connections, and
- offer you a sense of accomplishment!
Note that volunteering with ACE doesn’t necessarily mean making a long-term commitment, or take too much time out of your busy day. ACE has many volunteer opportunities that would benefit from your expertise. Consider taking on a new challenge today by joining the ACE community. All we need is your time and energy! Please do your part in keeping ACE vibrant and relevant.