Niagara Falls, Ontario
Conference: October 18-20, 2016
Exhibitors: October 18&19, 2016
ACE 2016 - Information for Exhibitors / Sponsors
On behalf of the Association of Canadian Ergonomists / l’Association canadienne d’ergonomie (ACE) and the 47th Annual Conference Organizing Committee, we invite you to consider supporting the profession of ergonomics in Canada through exhibitor or sponsorship involvement with our annual conference in 2016.
The theme, “Harnessing the Power of Ergonomics” recognizes that ergonomics and human factors theory, evaluation, and design principles, have not only had a positive impact on health and safety, but that they have and will continue to contribute in a powerful way to the optimization of products, systems, and environmental designs. The ACE 2016 National Conference hopes to commemorate the many ways in which researchers, ergonomists and human factors professionals have used their skills to better society.
ACE 2016 will attract ergonomists, human factors professionals, researchers and students, as well as members of allied professions, including: safety, health, rehabilitation, industrial hygiene, industrial design, human resources, psychology, engineering, usability, user experience and facility planning. Internationally renowned speakers, practicing ergonomists, researchers and students will present their most recent work in oral presentations, panel discussions, workshops, and symposia sessions. The annual conference will also provide ample opportunities for professional networking.
The destination of this year’s conference being Niagara Falls, Ontario is sure to be an added draw to make this a well-attended conference given the central location within the province of Ontario, and the proximity to Ontario’s provincial capital, the City of Toronto.
Involvement with this event provides high profile exposure for your employees, your products and your organization. The conference program is designed to provide multiple opportunities to network, to develop and expand professional relationships, and to share experiences and solutions for current issues. ACE 2016 is a strong forum for developing new leads, showcasing your products or services, and demonstrating support and commitment to ergonomics in Canada.
The attached Sponsorship Package (Exhibitor also included in some sponsorship levels) or Exhibitor Package outlines the available opportunities for sponsorship and for exhibiting products or services during the event. If you simply wish to advertise your products or services to conference delegates but are unable to attend, we also offer an opportunity to place an insert into each delegate’s package. Please take the time to review the following Sponsorship or Exhibitor information.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss either Sponsorship or being an Exhibitor, please feel free to contact the ACE National Office at 1-888-432-2223 or @email.
Brenda Mallat Sue Brunet & Heidi Petro
2016 ACE Conference Chair
Sue Brunet & Heidi Petro
2016 ACE Conference Sponsorship/Exhibitor Co-Chairs
The conference committee welcomes your exhibit and will work with you to ensure that your investment in ACE 2016 is worthwhile. The exhibitor showcase will run from Tuesday morning, October 18, 2016 starting at 7:30 am to Wednesday, October 19, 2016, ending following the last break (approximately 3:30 pm). ACE ensures maximum exposure by holding all morning and afternoon delegate breaks in the exhibitor area on Tuesday and Wednesday. Delegates will also have time to visit the exhibitor showcase during lunch breaks. In addition, an evening reception, held on Tuesday from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, will be held with the exhibitors that all delegates will be invited to attend.
Exhibitors will be provided with the following:
- 10’ wide x 8’ deep exhibit booth space
- Exhibit show entry for 2 people*
- Lunch with the delegates for 2 people on Tuesday and Wednesday (additional lunches may be purchased)
- One minute presentation to the conference delegates (during the Tuesday Welcome Address commencing at 8:30 am). You may use one Powerpoint slide to accompany your one minute talk. These are to be submitted to the Exhibitor/Sponsorship Co-Chairs during exhibit set-up on Monday, October 17, 2016 between 5 pm and 7 pm. No slides will be accepted after this time, although you may still choose to speak to delegates.
- Complimentary insert in the conference delegate package (must be available by Sunday, October 16, 2016 to be inserted into the delegate bags)
- Two tickets to the Tuesday evening reception October 18, 2016 (Additional tickets may be purchased)
- Preliminary program listing, circulated to ~10,000 potential delegates.(If purchased prior to June 15, 2016)
- Logo and brief description on the conference “Exhibitor Showcase” web page and in the final program circulated to all delegates
*(Additional passes to the conference presentations may be purchased separately.)
*(Additional audio-visual/exhibitor equipment can be requested and arranged directly through the Crowne Plaza – please contact them for details.)
Exhibitors are strongly encouraged to provide a door prize or draw prize for conference delegates, with the opportunity to draw/award prizes at lunch on Wednesday, October 19, 2016.
Exhibit locations will be assigned with first priority going to ACE Corporate Members and conference sponsors.
Further information, regarding the ACE 2016 conference Sponsorship/Exhibitor opportunities, or to register as a Sponsor is available at www.ace-ergocanada.ca (available mid/end of April 2016) or by contacting the ACE National Office at @email.
ACE thanks you for taking the time to consider exhibiting at this unique event.
Niagara Falls, Ontario
The conference will be held at the Crowne Plaza located at 5685 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls. The hotel is only steps away from The Falls and conveniently located next to the Clifton Hill Tourist District. The conference center also offers complimentary parking, in room wireless internet, an indoor saltwater pool, sauna, hot tub, and exercise room. ACE has secured group rates for accommodation at the Inn.
Niagara Falls is only an hour’s drive from Toronto and easily accessible via highways 401, 8, 85, and the Queen Elizabeth Highway. It is also conveniently accessible from two international airports, Toronto’s Pearson International Airport (YYZ) just an hour away and Niagara/Buffalo International Airport (BUF), 30 minutes away. There will be preferred pricing for conference shuttle services offered by Niagara Airbus for $86 round trip or $63.00 one way per person (plus HST) to and from Toronto Pearson Airport.
ACE 2016 will utilize the Niagara room on the second floor of The Crown Plaza Hotel for the main conference and individual sessions. The exhibitor showcase will be featured in the Brock room on the main floor of the hotel.
Please note that Corporate Members and then Conference Partners Platinum, Gold and Silver Sponsors will have priority booth selection (based on order of confirmation) if applications are received prior to June 15, 2016. After June 15, 2016, remaining booth location numbers will be assigned based on order of confirmation and booth location preferences. Please use the booth # from the diagram below when specifying your preferred booth locations on the application form.
Exhibit booths are 10’ wide x 8’ deep spaces. Tuesday and Wednesday (October 18 and 19, 2016) morning and afternoon breaks and a Tuesday evening reception will be held with the exhibitors to ensure maximum exposure. Although the exhibitor room will be locked at night, the Association of Canadian Ergonomists will not be held responsible for losses and vendors should ensure they have adequate insurance.
Please see layout of booths below.
Conference Exhibitors Guidelines and Policies
- Registration/reservation for exhibit space must be made through the Jenn Heighington email@example.com.
- If an exhibitor fails to use the space provided, no part of the payment will be refunded.
- Exhibitors can be provided a refund minus a $100 processing fee if the request is received by July 15, 2016. No refunds after July 15, 2016.
- Please forward your company logo and description to the exhibitor coordinator as soon as you register for immediate inclusion online. For ACE’s printed materials, all digital media is to be received no later than July 29, 2016. Digital media to be included in the preliminary program must be received no later than June 15, 2016. Please ensure digital logos have a resolution of 300 dpi or greater.
- Corporate ACE Members will be served on a priority basis (in order of confirmation) in terms of exhibit location choice if applications are received prior to May 31, 2016. Next priority will go to Platinum, Gold and Silver sponsors, in order of confirmation, if applications are received prior to April 30, 2016. All remaining spaces will be provided location choice in order of confirmation.
- Table preference must be indicated on the registration.
- Formal notice of the assigned space and full payment of the reservation fees constitutes a contract for the right to use space. In the event of a fire, strike, or other uncontrollable event rendering the exhibit area unfit or unavailable for use or causing the exhibit to be cancelled prior to the opening date of the exhibit, payment on account for the reserved space will be refunded. Any costs incurred by the exhibitor prior to the date of the reservation are the sole responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Exhibitors will hold harmless the 2016 ACE National Conference, The Association of Canadian Ergonomists and the Crowne Plaza in the event of any liability, responsibility, loss, damage costs, or expense of omission by exhibitor or any of its agents or employees.
- No exhibitor shall assign, sublet, or share reserved space without the authorization of the ACE Exhibits Coordinator prior to the conference.
- Conference registration is not included with the cost of exhibit space and must be purchased separately for those wishing to attend the sessions.
- Rules and regulations must be adhered to regarding set-up, operation and teardown. Set up is to occur on the afternoon of Monday October 17, 2016 (after 5 pm). Teardown commences on Wednesday October 19, 2016 immediately following the afternoon break.
- To exhibit at ACE 2016 signed acceptance of these guidelines must accompany the Registration Form.
Please find outlined below the Sponsorship Level packages which have been created for our event. Becoming involved with this event will provide exposure for your people, your products and your organization. The conference program is purposefully designed to provide multiple opportunities to network, develop and expand professional relationships, and to share experiences and solutions for today’s current issues. Regardless of your goals, the ACE 2016 conference is a strong forum to help achieve them.
Sponsorship packages are outlined below with opportunities for visibility and recognition identified for each level of sponsorship. The conference committee welcomes your sponsorship and will work to ensure that your investment in ACE 2016 is worthwhile.
In recognition of the ongoing support of current ACE Corporate Members, discounted rates may apply (see below for details).
|Sponsorship Level||Rate||Corporate Member Rate|
|Conference Partner (1 only)||$20,000||-|
|Sponsorship Add-Ons||Varied amounts ($1500, $1000, $750, $500 or $250)|
|Sponsor a Student||$150||$150|
|Delegate package insert*||$250||$250|
*1 delegate package insert is included for exhibitors.
For Sponsors, quantity varies: see categories listed on the following pages.
|One year corporate membership||✔||✔||✔||-||-|
|Booth location selection||Priority||In order of confirmation||In order of confirmation||In order of confirmation||-|
|Complimentary conference registrations||4||1||1||1||1|
|Complimentary guests at opening reception||4||1||1||-||-|
|Acknowledgement in final program||Full page||Half page||Quarter page||Business card size||✔|
|Acknowledgement on conference website||Name, logo and link||Name, logo and link||Name, logo and link||Name, logo and link||Name, logo and link|
|Acknowledgement at opening ceremony||✔||-||-||-||-|
|Acknowledgement on conference signage||✔||-||-||-||-|
|Company name and logo in proceedings||✔||✔||✔||-||-|
|Company name and logo on delegate promotional item||✔||✔||✔||-||-|
|Promotional insert(s) in delegate package||2||1||1||1|
|Recognition on main ACE website||✔||-||-||-||-|
|Acknowledgement in ACE Conference Announcement in Ergonomics Canada - (only available if sponsorship purchased by June 1, 2015)||1/4 Page||1/4 Page||-||-||-|
|Choice of Additional Sponsorships (see sponsorship add-ons)||Up to $1500||Up to $1000||Up to $750||Up to $750||Up to $250|
OTHER SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Sponsorship of one of the following:
- One half-day workshop on Monday, October 17, 2016
- Keynote speaker gifts
- Social/recreational event
- Technical tour
- English/French document translation services
- Interpretation services for the hearing impaired
- Audio/visual services
- CD-ROM duplication for Conference Proceedings
- Contributor acknowledgement in the final program
- Contributor acknowledgement on the conference web site
- Company logo and link to company web site on the conference web site
- Inclusion of one promotional insert in the conference package
DELEGATE PACKAGE INSERT ($250)
Additional delegate package inserts may be sponsored. One delegate package insert is already included for exhibitors. For Sponsors, quantity varies, see categories listed on the previous page.
SPONSOR A STUDENT ($150)
Students are the future. Attending a professional conference can be both a rewarding and challenging experience for a student. ACE provides reduced conference rates for students and volunteer opportunities to further reduce these rates. Sponsor a student at $150 and ACE will ensure that those funds are distributed 100% to students attending the conference by refunding their conference fee. Priority will be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
SPONSORSHIP IN KIND
In addition to the above sponsorship opportunities, donation of specific materials for use at the ACE 2016 conference will be recognized in the final program. Donations may include:
- Computers (for registration and for presentation rooms)
- Laser printers
- LCD projectors
- Notepads and pens for conference package
- Wrapped snacks (e.g. breakfast bars, pepperettes)*
*Inclusion of food products is dependent upon ACE’s contract with the conference centre.
These sponsorships are open to Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Corporate Partner Level Sponsors until they have all been allocated or until June 15, 2016; after this date they are open to everyone, on a first come, first served basis, with the exception of the discounted conference registration.
|Description of Sponsorships||
|Exhibitor Booth: Additional exhibitor booth||$750|
|Keynote Session: Recognition as primary sponsor for one keynote session. Permission to place materials on tables / chairs, 5 minutes to introduce self/company (3 available)||$750|
|Lunch: Recognition as primary sponsor for one conference lunch. Permission to place materials on tables / chairs, 5 minutes to introduce self/company. (2 available)||$750|
|Opening Reception: Recognition as primary sponsor for conference opening reception. Permission to place materials on tables / chairs, 5 minutes to introduce self/company. (1 available)||$750|
|Panel Discussion: Recognition as primary sponsor for a conference panel discussion. Permission to place materials on tables / chairs, 5 minutes to introduce self/company. (limited availability)||$500|
|Conference Registration: One delegate registration at discounted rate||$500|
|Breaks: Recognition as primary sponsor for a conference break||$250|